Thursday 17 January 2013

Still life documentation


Still Life Documentation


These are the out comes for some of the still lives shots I took in the still life photoshoots. In order to create all of them I used a Styrofoam mat as the base and as the background, and one of the photography studio lights as lighting, changing the angles continuously to vary the shots and the lighting.


The three photos in particular were to be mounted on to a separate sheet and presented as a final work, as a lot of development went into getting these three as an outcome. Before achieving these three pictures I had originally was using vinetting on all my photos to give it a border, however I was told to take a different direction and instead of zooming out of each picture, I was to crop it, to get rid of all the unnecessary empty space and make the composition better.




All photos here included a filter of 4.5 and an aperture setting of F8. The time varied from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. In the end I got these three pictures for a final outcome to still life photography. Although really enjoying taking these photos, I didn't know how far I could take this at the end of the project, so doing still life wasn't really an interest of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment