Tuesday 16 April 2013

Exam Review









Exam Review


Originally when starting this exam theme I didn't know exactly what direction I wanted to take. Although having acknowledged several pathways in which I could develop in ways that suited me, I couldn't decide which one I wanted to do. and thats where the problem arose. In taking to Pintrest, I managed to find something that interested me. Looking at other work photographers had produced via Behance I found something that interested me. 'Hidden Places' By Barbra Maria Silva and 'Camouflage' by Lewis Hatfull
Looking at these two photographers inspired me to take the photos I did. I managed to find a hidden place that was a lot closer to me than first anticipated. Because of this, I managed to maintain my usual style but convert it into a way that suited the exam theme. When it comes to experimentation I have managed to experiment with filters and colour vibrancy to change enhance the photos. I have made handmade negatives with the use of acetate, salt and vaseline which turned out to be extremely successful, as it gave my work this natural and earthy feel that corresponded with my style quite well. Additionally I plan to for my exam experiment with weaving and collage to make this outcome extremely successful. Luckily for me I didn't come across any limitations, having my work quite expressive and quite natural, I only have to look at what surroundings and use them to my advantage.

Other than searching for the perfect location and the right weather conditions there wasn't that many limitations.
My ideas are not set in stone. Although I have decided that I'm going to use weaving and collage to obscure my photographs, the choice on whether to use only my digital photographs, only film photographs, or combine the two has been left decided. Depending on the amount of time I have I may do all three.


No comments:

Post a Comment