Tuesday 26 March 2013




Covert & Obscured Exam Theme.

My personal intake on the exam theme. 


To begin I didn't know exactly where I wanted to begin with this theme. I knew that I could take various directions when it came to this exam theme that best suited my style. Although I've been proven to take decent portrait photos, this wouldn't be the direction for me to take, as it wasn't a consistent strong point of mine. The best pathway for me to take would be landscaping and architecture, city life and everyday life. If this being the case it had opened various options and various opportunities to exploit. 
Relating the exam theme to locations I would need to look at the following:

Forests( Foggy and or Misty)
Oxford Street and Busy Areas (Street Life)
Tourist Attractions (Street Life)
Caves and Hidden Passageways
Holes
Junk Yards
Abandoned and derelict buildings
Abandoned building works
Old, Burnt down buildings/ Houses.
Alleyways
EveryDay Travel

All of these ideas linked to both my preference and to the exam theme. It would be possible to have a subject in this photo and hide their true identity to develop some of these ideas further. Nonetheless these locations made for a good, and rather interesting starting point.
To obscure the idea even further it would be a choice to take each photographs from different points of view. For example I could take all my photographs at a birds eye view. A view that many don't get to see.

With all this being said I was hoping to find a photographer who would inspire me. One that shared the same interest in landscaping as I did, but fit into the Covert and Obscured exam theme as well as I did.

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment